School Response Plan Covid-19
We are busily preparing for a safe return to school in accordance with the Covid-19 Response Plan. We are all looking forward to welcoming all children to St. Coen's. We will need everybody's support and co-operation to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
School reopens on Tuesday the 1st of September with a school start time of 8.50.
Preparing for Return to Schools:
- Have School Uniform and Tracksuit labelled.
- Lunches in a paper sandwich bag with a reusable water bottle filled with water (No lunch boxes please).
- No School Bag (we will review this after the first week).
- Bring an empty wipe clean pencil case, clearly labelled (this will be kept in school). No pens, pencils etc. please.
- Bring a small bag clearly labelled containing hand sanitiser, tissues and wipes. It will be kept in school.
- Speak to your child about returning to school in a calm and positive way.
- There will be no homework for the month of September.
- Show them how to wash their hands and practise cough etiquette.
- Ensure you have Aladdin Connect downloaded.
- Ensure the school has two different up to date phone numbers for you.
- No toys, blankets etc.
- Pay school fees
Entering the School Grounds: (8.40)
- Entry Time: 8.40
- ASD Classes: Entry Time: 9.10
- Junior Infants: Entry Time: 9.15
- We encourage children to walk or cycle to school (If cycling please ensure you lock your bike).
- Entry is through the Gates at the Main Entrance and at the Broomhall Entrance.
- Gates will open at 8.40 (No entry before that time).
- There will be school staff at each gate who will meet the children and look after them.
- No adult, other than staff, should come onto the school grounds
- Please observe social distancing and avoid congregating in groups.
- We discourage cars coming onto the premises.
- If you must drop off by car do not get out of your car.
- The drop off is on the right (school side only).
- It is strictly drop and go.
Pupils on the School Grounds After Entry:
- Pupils will be directed to their class line. They stand in their line. There is no playing/football etc. at this time. They will be admitted to the school building class by class, under the direction of school staff, through one of three entrances:
- Broomhall Side Entrance (1st and 2nd),
- Main Entrance 6th (Ms. Doyle's), 3rd class and 4th (Ms. O'Kelly's/Ms. Byrne's),
- ASD entrance (Ms. Lynch's 6th class, 5th class and 4th class (Ms.McEvoy/Ms. Ferguson) and
- Junior playground Entrance (Senior Infants)).
- If a child arrives after their class has entered the building they go to their class line and wait until directed by a member of staff.
- Children use the sensory hand sanitiser at the entrance to the building and go to their classes. They follow the signage on the stairs and corridors.
Children will walk from the gate directly to the classroom on wet days.
End of School Day Safe Exit:
- Senior Infants Class: 1.30 from the Main Entrance Gate Area
- 1st Classes: 2.15 from the Main Entrance gate
- 2nd Class: 2.15 from the Broomhall Area gate
- 3rd Class: 2.20 from the Broomhall Gate
- 4th Class (Ms. Ferguson/Ms.McEvoy): 2.20 from Main Gate
- 6th Class (Ms. Doyle) :2.25 from the Main Gate
- 4th Class (Ms. O'Kelly/Ms. Byrne: 2.25 from Broom Hall Gate
- 5th Class and 6th Class (Ms. Lynch): 2.30
- Adults are requested to avoid congregating in groups and to follow social distancing guidelines. Use the Covid Markings outside the school premises.
- The class teacher will bring the children to the exit point where they can be collected or leave the premises.
We are moving to paperless communication. There will be no paper notes going home. Communications will take place by email, text, Class dojo, Aladdin Connect, school website and Facebook.
We request parents to:
- Download the Aladdin App
- Give the school your email address
- Give the school your up to date phone number
- Download Class Dojo
- Meetings with school staff will be by prior appointment only
- Messages for teachers can be sent by email, class dojo or by phoning the office
- School starts at 8.50 and it is essential all children are on time
- There is no parking on the school premises.
- If you drop and go please turn left at the exit to avoid back up of traffic.
- Please park carefully outside the school grounds and do not park on the road outside the school.
- Be vigilant – children's' safety is paramount.
- Follow staff directions
All classrooms have been reconfigured to ensure a safe return to school in line with the Covid 19 Response Plan for the safe and sustainable reopening of Primary and Special Schools
- Extra furniture, clutter and damaged toys have been removed from all classrooms
- Children will be seated in pods (groups). While children are not one metre apart within their pods they are a metre apart from other pods as required for classes from 3rd – 6th. This is in line with the guidelines.
- The isolation room for a child displaying symptoms of Covid-19 is opposite the school office
- There are visual markings on corridors, stairs and classrooms and outside the school
- There is hand sanitiser and paper towel dispensers in every classroom. There is sanitiser at each entry point.
- School breaks are staggered and children play within their class bubble only in a designated section of the playground.
- There will be no homework for the month of September.
Children who should not attend School:
- Child diagnosed with Covid-19
- Child who has been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with Covid-19
- Child who has a suspected case of Covid-19 and the outcome of the test is pending
- Child who has been in contact with a person who has a suspected case of Covid-19 and the outcome of the test is pending
- Child with underlying health conditions who has been directed by a medical professional not to attend school
- Child who has returned home after travelling abroad and must self- isolate for 14 days
- Child who is unwell: If you have any doubts as to whether your child is ill, please err on the side of caution and keep them at home
Dealing with a Suspected Case of Covid-19:
If a child develops symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath or sudden loss of taste, or smell:
- The parents/guardians will be contacted immediately to collect the child and advised to call the doctor and continue self- isolation at home
- The child will be accompanied to the isolation room opposite the school office by a member of staff. The staff member should keep at least 2 metres away from the child and ensure that others also maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from the symptomatic child at all times.
- A mask will be provided for the symptomatic child
- The child will be advised to avoid touching surfaces, people and objects
- The child will be advised to cover their mouth and nose with the disposable tissue provided when they cough or sneeze and put the tissue in the waste bin provided
- If the child is very unwell or advice is required, the school will contact 999 or 112 and inform them that the sick person is a is a Covid-19 suspect
- Arrangements will be made for appropriate cleaning of the isolation area and work areas involved
- The HSE will inform any staff/parents who have come into close contact with a diagnosed case via the contact tracing process. The HSE will contact all relevant persons where a diagnosis of Covid-19 is made. The instructions of the HSE should be followed.
St. Coen's N.S.
Board of Management