Welcome to our 5th Class
- This year one of our goals in Fifth Class is to read more and enjoy listening to and telling stories!
- We do paired reading once a week.
- We love browsing through the library books and
- We enjoy DEAR time (drop everything and read) throughout the day.
- Is maith linn Gaeilge. Labhraimid Gaeilge gach lá ar scoil le chéile, leis an múinteoir.
- We start off each day with Mental Maths which gets our brains warmed up for the rest of the day!
- We are busy practising our tables and our favourite part of maths is the games that we play as they help us to understand maths better and they make it more fun.
- Ms. Ferguson teaches us Geography and History.
- We love these two subjects and often they link together and we find out loads of information about many different things.
- We love doing projects too!
- Ms. McEvoy teaches us Science and we love carrying out new experiments every week.
- We always predict what might happen and we are always so excited to find out the results.
Music and Art:
- Ms. Ferguson teaches us Art and we love it!
- We do all sorts of different art projects, using many different materials.
- We often link our art projects to topics we are covering in other subjects.
- We love seeing our work on display and hearing other people comment on it.
- Ms. McEvoy teaches us Music.
- We love singing songs and listening to lots of different styles of music.
- We are taking part in the Peace Proms this year which is very exciting.
Welcome to 5th Class!
Our teacher is Ms. Leonard
In our classroom we are a team. We respect each other, we help each other and we work very hard.
- We love to do Maths and we especially love our Maths games to help us with our tables.
- Tables Jenga is our favourite!
- In English we are learning how to write a recount and we are sharing all the lovely times we had over the holidays in our writing portfolios!
- Gaeilge is a great time in our classroom, we try to use ‘cúpla focal’ as much as we can.
- Our motto is ‘Is fearr le Gaeilge briste ná Béarla cliste”. Is é Deir ó Grádaigh an cluiche is fearr linn!
- We are so interested in SESE in our class.
- We are learning all about the counties and provinces in Ireland.
- In music we are learning all about body percussion!
- It can get noisy sometimes but that’s music!
SPHE and PE:
- We enjoy SPHE and PE and we have some super artists in our class too!
- We work hard all week in our groups to earn points to become the VIP table for the following week!
- Team work is so important to us and we love to co-operate and share our learning with each other!
- We love our calm corner!
- Some people get to cosy up in our calm corner for DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) time each day.
- If we are worried or feel sick it's nice to take a break in the calm corner!
Book List St. Coen’s Rathnew - 5th Class 2020-2021
- Abair Liom F €18.50
- Foclóir Irish / English Dictionary €11.99
- Mathemagic 5 €20.80
- Tables Book (CJ Fallon) €2.35
- Brain Teasers 5 €9.45
- All Write Now Level C (Folens) €7.15
- Exercise your English 5 €10.95
- Write at Home 5 €10.60
- Oxford Dictionary €13.50
- The Butterfly Lion Novel €5.80
- PM Reader / Big Cat €8
- History Quest 5 €12.85
- Geography Quest 5 €12.85
- Science Quest 5 €12.85
- Grow in love 7 for 5th class €14.99
- 8 x 120 page copy €0.56 each
- 4 x 88 page Sum Copy €0.50 each
- 2 x A4 Plastic Folders €0.45 each
- Handwriting copy B4 €0.69
- 2 Pencils €0.25 each
- Red pen €0.20
- 30 cm Ruler €0.45
- Eraser €0.36 each
- Pencil sharpener €0.25 each
- 12 Faber Castell colouring pencils €3.34
- 1 Homework Journal €1
- A4 Hardback notebook €1.25
- 1 Glue stick €0.70
- Box €3
Parents to purchase and keep at home Pencil, Red pen, Ruler, Eraser, Pencil sharpener, colouring pencils and glue stick.